What is the site about?
The aim of the website is to share practical resources for the primary school classroom on the web.The resources are arranged in accordance with the curriculum provisions of the Irish primary school.
Why was it chosen as site of the week?
- Recently relaunched
- The site is easy to use
- Material is available for a range of subjects, e.g. English, Gaeilge, Maths and Religion
- Graduated by both class level and subject area
- Seasonal material for different times of the year such as Back to School, Halloween, Christmas and Summer
- The material has been written by a primary school teacher
- Large and varied selection of resources types (worksheets, powerpoints, posters, quizzes, wordles)
- Resources can be edited to suit individual teacher/class needs
- Many resources easily adapted to suit early years in Post Primary
How can it be used as an educational resource?
The documents are designed to be printed and handed out to students as worksheets. Some of the resources are Powerpoint slide shows, and could be used with a data projector for class work for example, Ag Déanamh Rudaí. There are also sample newsletters included.
Many of the maths tests were designed for 5th and 6th class. However, the tests on the circle and simple interest, for example, will also be useful for students up to ordinary level Junior Cert.
In the religion section, almost everything you need to print for Confirmation is available - Confirmation readings, explanation of the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and a booklet for the Service of Commitment.
The English section includes worksheets and quizzes based on several popular childrens novels Charlottes Web and Faraway House, among others.
For geography there are several tests which can be used as a template to allow teachers to quickly design similar tests on other countriesCurriculum Mapping
Site of the Week Archive>>