Topmarks - Christmas
What is the site about?
Topmarks is a large independent UK educational website, containing free educational resources whilst providing a safe environment for children to use the world wide web effectively for learning. Their Christmas page contains engaging content for the festive season!
Why was it chosen as site of the week?
- It is visually engaging and a great means of active, investigative and project based learning.
- It is an excellent website for the festive season.
- The website contains many activities and games and is easy to use.
- The topic areas covered include facts about Christmas, Christmas customs, a timeline from Advent to the Epiphany, and the Navivity story.
- All of the content on Topmarks is carefully reviewed by qualified teachers and regularly re-checked because of the changing nature of the web.
- The website can be recommended for home use.
How can it be used as an educational resource?
Teachers can use the resources as a reward for pupils who have completed work. The resources themselves are educational and festive and so provide teachers with options to enhance topics (e.g. the Christmas Maths interactive game). The possibility of working alone increases the pupil's confidence and shows their potential. The group work encourages creativity, cooperation and develops their social skills. These resources will engage the pupils and will also encourage home use.
Site of the Week Archive>>