Updated May 2018
For general web browsing within Scoilnet.ie no personal information is revealed to us, although certain statistical information is available to us via our Internet service provider. This information may include the logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the Internet (for example, .ie, .com, etc), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the Internet address used to link to our site.
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics, which allow us to assess the number of visitors to our site and to identify what pages are accessed most frequently. We use these statistics to help us make our site more user-friendly.
Where you do provide us with personal information, e.g., your Scoilnet Account registration, we will treat all personal data you provide as confidential. By registering for a Scoilnet Account, you accept the terms and conditions, including those relating to the privacy of your personal data and outlined below for clarity. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not register for a Scoilnet Account.
• Registration with Scoilnet Accounts is personal and non-transferrable.
• Upon registration, you will be asked to provide personal data about yourself -- you are obliged to provide accurate and complete information about yourself and ensure your personal data is kept up-to-date within Scoilnet Accounts.
• You can modify personal data you have submitted on the Scoilnet Account Management website at any time yourself.
• There is no expiry date for the personal data you submit on our servers. On request (email@example.com), we will delete your account.
• All personal data saved on our servers is secure.
• We will treat all personal data you provide as confidential and will use it solely for the purpose of authentication and providing access to online services provided by Scoilnet/PDST Technology in Education. The information will only be disclosed as permitted by law or for the purposes listed in our registration with the Data Protection Commissioner (Ref 13590/A).
If you request to receive our newsletter, we collect a first name and an email address. We process this data for the sole purpose of providing a digital newsletter service - it is not used for any other purpose and is not shared with any third party.
The subscription data is held for as long as necessary to provide the newsletter service. Subscribers can unsubscribe from the service through an unsubscribe link that is contained in each newsletter.
To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser.
To register for a Scoilnet Account you will need to have a Teaching Council number and a roll number for your school in Ireland.
If you already have a Scoilnet Account then you can sign in here.
A Scoilnet account will allow you to upload your resources or weblinks to Scoilnet as well as enabling you to share and add resources to a favourites listing. Users who have a Scoilnet Account will also be able to fully access Scoilnet Maps and Census@School from home.
You need to login before you can add this resource to a Learning PathLogin