Updated February 2015
For general web browsing within Scoilnet.ie no personal information is revealed to us, although certain statistical information is available to us via our Internet service provider. This information may include the logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the Internet (for example, .ie, .com, etc), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the Internet address used to link to our site.
Some of the above information is used to create summary statistics, which allow us to assess the number of visitors to our site and to identify what pages are accessed most frequently. We use these statistics to help us make our site more user-friendly.
Scoilnet Account Registration
Where you do provide us with personal information, e.g., your Scoilnet Account registration, we will treat all personal data you provide as confidential. By registering for a Scoilnet Account, you accept the terms and conditions, including those relating to the privacy of your personal data and outlined below for clarity. If you do not agree with these terms, you must not register for a Scoilnet Account.
• Registration with Scoilnet Accounts is personal and non-transferrable.
• Upon registration, you will be asked to provide personal data about yourself -- you are obliged to provide accurate and complete information about yourself and ensure your personal data is kept up-to-date within Scoilnet Accounts.
• You can modify personal data you have submitted on the Scoilnet Account Management website at any time yourself.
• There is no expiry date for the personal data you submit on our servers. On request (email@example.com), we will delete your account.
• All personal data saved on our servers is secure.
• We will treat all personal data you provide as confidential and will use it solely for the purpose of authentication and providing access to online services provided by Scoilnet/PDST Technology in Education. The information will only be disclosed as permitted by law or for the purposes listed in our registration with the Data Protection Commissioner (Ref 13590/A).
• We may occasionally share personal data with partners and third parties performing functions on our behalf. These third parties have access to a limited amount of personal information and only that which is needed to perform their functions. They may not use it for any other purpose and we have agreements in place to ensure these partners follow data protection practices at least as protective as our own.