When re-imagining the 1916 Proclamation, we decided that these were important points in our vision for a modern Ireland.
•We, the 5th and 6th Class pupils at St. Michael’s NS, Corcaghan, Stranooden, Monaghan believe that all citizens should have access to better hospitals and healthcare, no matter what your circumstances are.
• We believe in free, well resourced education for all children of the country.
• We believe that equality for all citizens is extremely important, every person, including the Irish diaspora should be entitled to vote.
• We believe that law and order should be stricter and that those who commit serious crimes should be punished accordingly in this country.
• We want the Gardai to be better resourced to be able to fight crime and enforce the law.
• We believe in free healthcare and safe shelter for all our elderly people.
• We want to protect the environment of Ireland. We will encourage people to recycle and put their waste to good use.
• We all know that transport should be more eco-friendly and efficient. Temperatures are rising and much of it is coming from transport.
• We, the children of St. Michael’s N.S believe that there should be strong broadband all over the country. Broadband is good and is a thing of the future. It allows you to communicate with loved ones overseas. This is why we strongly believe that it should be rolled out nationwide.
5th and 6th Class pupils of St. Michael's N.S
To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend that you upgrade to a newer version or other web browser.
To register for a Scoilnet Account you will need to have a Teaching Council number and a roll number for your school in Ireland.
If you already have a Scoilnet Account then you can sign in here.
A Scoilnet account will allow you to upload your resources or weblinks to Scoilnet as well as enabling you to share and add resources to a favourites listing. Users who have a Scoilnet Account will also be able to fully access Scoilnet Maps and Census@School from home.
You need to login before you can add this resource to a Learning PathLogin